The Sunshine Award
Thank you so very much to Jami from Sober Grace and Fern from Emotional Drinking for nominating me for this wonderful award. They both bring much sunshine into my world with their true and so very honest writing. Please check out their blogs!
To accept the aware, each awardee must do the following:
- Display the award on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- List 10 interesting things about yourself.
- Present 10 deserving bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.
- Link to the awardees and let them know of the nomination.
Before I continue, I have to say that this past month has been quite tough, but amazingly enough, things have fallen into place wonderfully as to guide me through every moment, and continuously reminding me that without sobriety I would not be sitting here today and sharing these 10 interesting things about my life:
- I was born in Poland during the communist era and the uprising led by Lech Wałęsa , but I had no idea that my life was any different than that of an average, quite happy child.
- I learned how to solve the Rubik’s cube during the 80’s craze. Yep, I still remember how! (Psss… all you have to do is memorize the moves)
- I stared gardening when I got sober. I found amazing similarities in both. I had to take care of my garden daily, just like my sobriety. I have planted a garden every year since and I love watching my seedlings/sobriety sprout and grow into great fruits of my labor.
- I love music, all kinds, there are no limits. I love NIN and Florence & the Machine and Bastille (my new favorite), and Eminem and Macklemore are my sober music heroes!
- I love weird science and finding out how things work the way they do. My favorite shows are Outrageous Acts of Science and Oddities. Check them out!
- I work in the very exciting city of Washington, DC. You never know when the police is going to block the streets off for something thrilling like the presidential motorcade, or masses of protestors or huge crowds of tourists – and speaking of tourists, if you work in this city you better know where the White House is!
- In the midst of my drinking career, I become a big fan of a local band, the Laughing Colors. I spent many nights plastered enjoying their very amazing music. Last year I found out that Dave, the lead singer, has also found a new life in recovery!
- I took a Life Studies drawing class once, not really knowing what to expect, needless to say, I have never looked at the human body the same way again!
- I know entirely, way, way too much, about Microsoft Office, and that’s only because I work for a software company that creates online courses that teach it. If you need help with Excel, Word, PowerPoint or Access, just send me a quick email. 🙂
- I love information, I love doing research, I love finding the answer to any question. Yet, I know that there are many things in life that have no answers, and I am OK with that, well, most of the time.
Ok, and now a drum roll and a HUGE thank you to these 10 deserving bloggers who I believe, positively and creatively inspire me and many others in the blogosphere:
- High on Hugs
- Become Free
- A Hangover Free Iife
- Sober Learning
- Sober at Sixty
- Recovery Ramblings Blog
- Learning Living Freely
- 365 reasons 2 sober
- Sobriety Unplugged
Thank you once again, and I hope that you accept this award. I am very excited to learn a bit more about you all!
If you, or anyone you know, is struggling with alcohol addiction, please click the Find Support link at the top of this page for an extensive list of support groups. Also please check out the links to many useful resources in the sidebar, and always feel free to contact me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.